Spooky, Scary!

October is and always has been one of my favorite times of the year. Growing up in a town labeled "Halloweenville" probably has something to do with my love for the holiday. Every year Lambertville, NJ decorates the town and homes with such fervor that the town ends up looking like something straight out of a Halloween movie.

Since, my favorite holiday is approaching, I have been looking for ways to make the Mount my own little "Halloweenville" (except on a budget).

First things first, take advantage of the things around the Mount. The Dollar General on Main Street has lots of little decorations...all for (you guessed it) a dollar! Not to mention, we have numerous local farms around the Mount that sell pumpkins. Take advantage of it! My apartment is full of mini pumpkins, some plain, and some with sharpie Jack-O-Lantern faces on them. Finally, my favorite cheap holiday decoration? The packages of pull-able cotton fiber. These packs of likely-synthetic cotton are used to pull apart to create the coolest and creepiest looking spider webs and cob webs anywhere!



But don't just dress up your place for Halloween. FEEL Halloween. Once October hits, I incorporate Halloween in all of my thoughts, one of my favorite things to do is making cool Halloween-themed food. Cut a Jack-O-Lantern face in your stuffed peppers, make the darkest blood red punch, stack the vanilla icing on your cupcakes super high to make a ghost!

Halloween is a state of mind, not just a holiday.

Happy Halloween!

Comments